Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sony’s New Digital Recording Binoculars – Up Close and Personal


I guess I wouldn’t call myself a birdwatcher, but there are quite a few interesting creatures hanging out around my house, most notably a very noisy Woody-Woodpecker type bird that startles me awake each and every morning, believing someone is firing an automatic weapon at my house. I’d love to get some pictures of that bird, but I always seem to miss the “moment”
Well, Sony has an answer to some of those missed wildlife moments, or even some of that quick sports action that usually passes you by… Check out Sony’s DEV-50V new, smaller, lighter, and weatherproof HD digital recording binoculars. This second generation of binoculars not only gives you excellent viewing, they also give you the ability to to take HD video with stereo sound, or snap 20.4 megapixel stills with just the touch of a button, and low light is no problem!
The DEV-50V is actually 30% lighter than the old models and includes splash and dust resistance, so a little inclement weather shouldn’t rain on your parade. The DEV-50V has a variable zoom that allows you to zero in on your “target” with a magnification range of up to 25X and it utilizes a new Hyper Gain function which electronically increases brightness in your viewfinder, so you can locate and frame things even in dim conditions.
These binoculars also have an electronic autofocus, so theres no need to manually focus, like with your old low tech binoculars, and it keeps things sharp even if they’re moving. Yes, the DEV-50V has geo-tagging capability and it lets you record scenes in awesome 3-D! I love it! The new DEV-50V digital recordable binoculars from Sony will be available in June for about $2000. Yikes! I might have to save up some cash, but rest assured, either way – I’m going to “shoot” that bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment