- Download General Tool first Canon IP1900 series, you can download it here
- Turn off the printer, then unplug the power cable
- While pressing the ON button plug the power cord back
- Still pressing the ON button, press the Resume button 2x
- Release both buttons.
- In this stage reset the printer in a temporary condition and to reset it completely, run the application General Tool Canon IP1900 that you have downloaded.
- Wait a moment until the program detects the printer as shown in the figure below.
Once the printer is detected, check the option EEPROM Clear and click the Test Pattern 1
Put a blank paper because the printer will immediately print the test.
Once the printer has finished ngeprint, click the Main and Platen then click Quit to exit.
Now you have to reset the Canon iP1980 in total. To try it out please turn the printer off then on again, klo you succeed then the printer will return to normal and could be using that to go back without being distracted ngeprint error message as above.